Influenza Pandemic Preparation and Response: A Citizen's Guide
Lo ciento, only the last line cguaht my eye as I was scanning the post. Free Margarita was all I saw. Nonetheless, what better time to visit Mexico than now!There is no flu danger. I will go as far to say that, for the most part, there is only perceived danger in this world. I blame the fear mongering media and those who stand to gain financially from the sale of anti-viral drugs.
The U.S. influenza surveillance system has seven different components, including four that operate year-round that allow CDC to:
- Find out when and where influenza activity is occurring
- Determine what type of influenza viruses are circulating
- Detect changes in the influenza viruses
- Track influenza-related illness
- Measure the impact influenza is having on deaths in the United States
The Seven Components of Influenza Surveillance:
- World Health Organization(WHO) and National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) Collaborating Laboratories About 80 WHO and 50 NREVSS collaborating laboratories located throughout the United States report the total number of respiratory specimens tested and the number positive for influenza types A and B each week.
Bi6RV0 <a href="http://bbphhxzlvhmg.com/">bbphhxzlvhmg</a>
Most of the U.S. WHO collaborating laboratories also report the influenza A subtype (H1N1 or H3N2) of the viruses they have isolated and the ages of the persons from whom the specimens were collected.
Some of the influenza viruses collected by laboratories are sent to CDC for more testing.
- U.S. Influenza Sentinel Providers Surveillance Network Each week, approximately 1,200 health-care providers around the country report the total number of patients seen and the number of those patients with influenza-like illness (ILI) by age group.
For this system, ILI is defined as fever (temperature of 100 F (37.8 C)) and a cough and/or a sore throat in the absence of a KNOWN cause other than influenza.
4uKTql <a href="http://yjcawvewsthg.com/">yjcawvewsthg</a>
The percentage of patient visits to sentinel providers for ILI reported each week is weighted on the basis of state population. This percentage is compared each week with the national baseline of 2.2%. The baseline is the mean percentage of patient visits for ILI during non-influenza weeks for the previous three seasons plus two standard deviations.
Due to wide variability in regional level data, it is not possible to calculate region-specific baselines, and it is not appropriate to apply the national baseline to regional data.
AndreasDanke ffcr die schnelle Antwort.Beim Test kam nhelfoagcnde Fehlermeldung:Warning: require(includes/applicationtop.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hp/ba/aa/cz/www/Shop/admin/iphone.php on line 12Warning: require(includes/applicationtop.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hp/ba/aa/cz/www/Shop/admin/iphone.php on line 12Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required includes/applicationtop.php' (includepath='.:/etc/php:/usr/local/share/php5.1:/usr/local/share/php5:/usr/local/share/php:/usr/share/php5.1:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /hp/ba/aa/cz/www/Shop/admin/iphone.php on line 12
# 122 Cities Mortality Reporting System Each week, the vital statistics offices of 122 cities report the total number of death certificates received and the number of those for which pneumonia or influenza was listed as the underlying or as a contributing cause of death by age group.
The percentage of all deaths due to pneumonia and influenza are compared with a seasonal baseline and epidemic threshold value calculated for each week.
- State and Territorial Epidemiologists Reports State health departments report the estimated level of influenza activity in their states each week.
The TV show got cancelled. You may wdneor why that means the blog was cancelled. The short answer is that TV people think the way TV people think. It was an interesting experience meeting them.The long answer requires beer (which in your case also requires me finding out who you are; Eli will confirm that I can keep a secret). I will go so far as to say that the show itself and Correlations as well suffered from the sorts of problems that make the professional media what they are. I promise that PBS is not immune.I still think there is room for a collaborative outreach blog somewhere.
States report influenza activity as no activity, sporadic, local, regional, or widespread. These levels are defined as follows:
- No Activity: No laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza and no reported increase in the number of cases of ILI.
- Sporadic: Small numbers of laboratory-confirmed influenza cases or a single laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreak has been reported, but there is no increase in cases of ILI.
- Local: Outbreaks of influenza or increases in ILI cases and recent laboratory-confirmed influenza in a single region of the state.
## Regional: Outbreaks of influenza or increases in ILI and recent laboratory confirmed influenza in at least 2 but less than half the regions of the state.
- Widespread: Outbreaks of influenza or increases in ILI cases and recent laboratory-confirmed influenza in at least half the regions of the state.
# Influenza-associated pediatric mortality Influenza-associated pediatric mortality is a newly added nationally notifiable condition. Laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated deaths in children less than 18 years old are reported through the Nationally Notifiable Disease Surveillance System.
I work for a hospital in the mtnaaenince department, you can't believe the stupidity of of the people who created this HIPPA mess. We are having to move walls, desks, enclosures, windows and more just for the fear that someone may see the name of a patient on a computer screen from 20 feet away. Having to shred every document as soon as your done with it, not being able to place it in a box to shred later because someone might see it. Something has to be done. I want everyone to start to write to congress and get a stop to this madness. All the money wasted on hippa could pay off the national debt.
# Emerging Infections Program (EIP) The EIP Influenza Project conducts surveillance for laboratory-confirmed influenza related hospitalizations in persons less than 18 years of age in 60 counties covering 12 metropolitan areas of 10 states (San Francisco CA, Denver CO, New Haven CT, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Minneapolis/St. Paul MN, Albuquerque NM, Las Cruces, NM, Albany NY, Rochester NY, Portland OR, and Nashville TN). Cases are identified by reviewing hospital laboratory and admission databases and infection control logs for children with a documented positive influenza test (viral culture, direct/indirect fluorescent antibody assay (DFA/IFA), reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), or a commercial rapid antigen test) conducted as a part of routine patient care.
December 24 at 8:00 in the morning a 14 year old boy by the name of scott jhsoonn was found dead. Doctors coulsnt come up with the cause of his death. His mother checked his emails to see if she could figure out what happened. Turns out he was still signed into MySpace. She found he had gone to sleep after he had read and didnt respond to a chain letter. If you dont repost this to six videos a girl with no face will kill you tonight. Sorry, dont wanna die
EIP estimated hospitalization rates are reported every two weeks during the influenza season.
- New Vaccine Surveillance Network (NVSN) The New Vaccine Surveillance Network (NVSN) provides population-based estimates of laboratory-confirmed influenza hospitalization rates for children less than 5 years old residing in three counties: Hamilton County OH, Davidson County TN, and Monroe County NY. Children admitted to NVSN hospitals with fever or respiratory symptoms are prospectively enrolled and respiratory samples are collected and tested by viral culture and RT-PCR. NVSN estimated rates are reported every two weeks during the influenza season.
Together, the seven influenza surveillance components are designed to provide a national picture of influenza activity. Pneumonia and influenza mortality is reported on a national level only.
Sentinel provider and laboratory data are reported on a national level and by influenza surveillance region. (). The state and territorial epidemiologists' reports of influenza activity are the only state-level information reported.
KPTsfd <a href="http://njxcbhoqbluz.com/">njxcbhoqbluz</a>
Both the EIP and NVSN data provide population-based, laboratory-confirmed estimates of influenza-related pediatric hospitalizations but are reported from limited geographic areas.
It is important to remember the following about influenza surveillance in the United States:
- All influenza activity reporting by states and health-care providers is voluntary.